The Backpack Mod is a total rewrite of the original MightyPorks Backpack Mod, since MightyPorks ceased any further support of this mod. Fortunately, he made the source code of the mod available to all on the internet, hence this Backpack Mod for Minecraft 1.3.2 took shape. With some major modifications in the coding and making it compatible with version 4 of Forge, this mod allows you to craft various backpacks with different abilities of their own.
The following are the backpacks which can be crafted:
1. Normal Backpacks: This backpack can be used as a chest
2. Colored Backpacks: A colored backpack whose color is decided by the dye you use. It also works as a chest for storing objects
3. Ender Backpack (previously known as Magic Backpack) : Finally, the Ender backpack which shares it properties with an ender chest. It is crafted with the ender stone in the middle.
Using these backpacks is very simple. You just equip the backpack in your hand and then right click. In case you want to rename your backpack, sneak and right-click. A dialog box will pop up where you can type the desired name.
However, the mod is not compatible with ModLoader and according to the developer, there are not any ModLoader ports being developed for this mod. Future implementations include increasing the size of the backpacks, making them mountable on your backs, ability to change the color of the backpacks on the go, nested backpacks (having a backpack placed in another backpack)
Installation Steps for Backpack Mod 1.3.2:
1. Download and install Forge 184.108.40.2061
2. Download the zipped file of the mod
3. Go to start menu and open the run dialog box
4. Type %appdata% and press enter
5. Navigate to the .minecraft folder and open the mods folder
6. Copy the zipped mod file into this folder
7. Play your game!
Download Backpack mod for minecraft 1.3.2
Developer : MightyPork