Forestry for Minecraft is a mod which automates your tree farming. the mod works in conjunction with BuildCraft in order to use the mod to its full potential.
Here is a quick overview of the mod:
• Mechanics – To automate your tree farms, a logger and an arboretum are required.
• Arboretum – A machine which plants the trees and checks the soil of the farms. Saplings and humus are required to keep it functioning.
• Logger – Used for chopping trees and collecting saplings.
• Humus – Nutrient rich resource required by the arboretum to maintain the quality of the soil.
• Apatite – This ore is two times rare as iron and can be used to cultivate 64 dirt blocks.
• Forester – If your chests have too many skeletal remains, convert bones with two parts of fertilizers into a catalyst which can be fed into the forester to instantly grow your forest.
• Biogas Engine – You can use water (low efficiency without the need of fermentation), liquid biomass (best efficient fuel) and milk (lower efficiency and requires fermentation but higher production duration)
• Wrench – Can be used to orient the biogas engine towards the main machine which is required to be powered.
The mod has different types of raw material for power sources and farming, for example liquid biomass, still, fermenter, apatite, humus etc. which are used in their appropriate machines.
These are the aims of the mod:
1. Adding fuel sources for IndustrialCraft and BuildCraft
2. Automating farms for rubber trees, wheat and other farm products
3. automating tree farms
In case your arboretum has collected sand which exceeds its limit to hold it, it will start discarding the resource as new ones are collected. you can use standard BuildCraft Pipes to collect the extra sand by giving it an outlet to a chest.
The following Ore resources have been introduced in the game by the mod:
1. Copper Ore
2. Tin Ore
3. Apatite Ore
Installing Forestry for Minecraft 1.2.5:
1. Locate your minecraft.jar file by typing “%appdata%” without quotes in the run dialog box. Navigate to .minecraft/bin/
2. Remove the META-INF folder
3. Open minecraft.jar with a suitable compressed file handler and copy the contents of ModLoader, ModLoaderMP and Forge into the minecraft.jar file.
4. Add the forestry-client-A*.jar to your .minecraft/mods folder.
5. Test your installation by logging in your Minecraft client and then checking the Modloader.txt file in the .minecraft/ directory. If you can see any text suggesting your mod_forestry is loaded, consider your mod has been installed successfully.
Download Forestry 184.108.40.206 for Minecraft 1.2.5 , BuildCraft 3.1.5+
Requires Minecraft Forge 3.0.0+
Supports BuildCraft 3.1.5+, IC2 1.95b+, RP2 pre5b2+. This does not work with BuildCraft 2.x!
Like or share to view the download link ( original AdFly or Direct link from developer )
Minecraft Mods, A Different Way to Enjoy Minecraft Games
Minecraft mods are modifications or changes made to the Minecraft games that changes the content from what it originally was. There are different ways in which people add mods to the Minecraft games. Some of the mods are in depth and add content to the game that can change the creative feel of the game or add more options for the player as to how to interact with the minecraft games. Some of the mods are bigger expansions adding significant expansions to the games while others may bring in features and experiences from other games.
How to Install Minecraft Mods
Installing Minecraft mods is not difficult if you follow certain steps.
• First you need to download the mod. It is better to download the mod in a new window.
• Next you need to install the mod.
• Locate your Minecraft file. In Windows 7 & 8 you will find it in C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\minecraft. For Mac users go to Library then go to Application support and then Minecraft.
• Now go to the bin folder in Minecraft and open minecraft.jar with a program like Winrar that opens zipped files.
• Some mods may require other mods or programs to work. Download any or all of these mods and open them with the program that opens zipped files.
• Copy all the files from your zip program into minecraft.jar.
• Next delete the Meta-Inf folder in minecraft.jar since this folder prevents you from installing the mods.
Now you are ready to play minecraft and enjoy the mods.
If you have problems check the mod page for any incompatible mods and the instructions to fix them. Follow those instructions while re installing the mods.
Top Minecraft Mods
Though Minecraft by itself is fun and enjoyable to play, it can get stale and plain at times. There are many mods out there that improve the game and make them more enjoyable and easier to play while there are others that add a lot of content to the game. It depends from person to person as to which mod they would enjoy better than the others. Here are a few suggestions of the mods we think are the top minecraft mods of all time.
1. Single Player commands mod. This is one mod that adds on to the experience of the player while keeping the minecraft game the same. It makes the game more interesting by adding to the core of the game without changing the basic of the game. It has intelligent seamless additions to the game with a friendly user interface. One of the most popular downloaded mod for minecraft.
2. Better than wolves mod. This mod lets the players build more complex designs by adding many things to minecraft, right from gears to windmills. With this mod you can build epics with innovative technology. You need to try out this mod in order to experience it since words cannot fully justify the experience.
3. Mo’Creatures Mod. This mod adds many different creatures to minecraft, this gives the game a new life while making it more enjoyable. There are many features in this mod that lets you different things with the animals like collecting rare species of animals or breeding them. This mod has everything from polar bears to mice and every animal has unique features that makes them come alive. The animation of all creatures is very realistic adding to the experience.
4. Too Many items mod and Not enough Items mod. Both of these mods are similar in many respects. They both allow you to fabricate items in minecraft and enhance the experience of minecraft by making the items accessible to you and allowing you to save your game while you do other things in the game. The difference is that Too many items mod is much more simple and you can enjoy minecraft without complexities.
5. Clay soldiers mod. This mod consists of having little soldiers fighting each other and the best part is that you can change them into things like horse riding soldiers or to soldiers with bombs. This mod allows you to customize your soldiers and the arena while watching them fight each other.
There are too many other minecraft mods that we would like to list here, but again it is what you want out of the game. You can always find a mod that you may like better than others to make your experience of minecraft enjoyable.