Von Doom is a great texture pack for Minecraft. All of the VonDoom packs of the past have helped to build a dungeon, medieval feel into Minecraft and allow you to work with all types of different and interesting tools. You have the ability to play as different characters, rebuild spawn sites and even alter the appearance of various challenges. Overall the VonDoom texture packs work really well. They allow you to play the game in an atmosphere you like and offer new and interesting challenges.
Pitfalls and Traps
You can set all types of traps for your enemies. Some of the most fun to play with are the spiderwebs that can be built to protect from layer to layer. These can even protect dark spots from the zombies and other creatures that spawn to try and interrupt your progress. You can also set various snares and traps with the weapons that are available via the levels in Minecraft and on the texture pack. While there are still a few issues with some of these causing crashes, overall, the process has smoothed out and the VonDoom texture pack usually runs without too many glitches.
Getting Used to the New Look
While adding a texture pack is always a fun way to mix up the game, you have to remember that things are going to look different. Even the materials you are mining might have a new appearance which can hinder your ability to find the right products. Your weapons will also have a different pattern or plan so your mining requirements do change depending on what you plan on building. In VonDoom, one of the safest places to store things is in your dungeon but it is not impenetrable.
Installing VonDoom in Minecraft
First you will want to download the VonDoom texture pack from a reputable site. There are many links to the pack on the web and you can download from wherever you feel safe. You will also want to down load the patch using MCPatcher HD. This allows the VonDoom texture pack to show up in high definition. From your start menu run the texture pack as a: “run>/%appdata$/.minecraft/texturepacks/” and then copy and past the zip file without unzipping it. From there you need only to open Minecraft and change the in-game texture pack to VonDoom and you are ready to begin playing in your dungeon.
VonDoom gives you a real dungeon and dragons feel to your Minecraft game. This can be a bit nostalgic but also offer you many more interesting options than the old D&D games did. You get to interact with the world and you can even build villages. This game can be played with the texture pack as multi-player or single player. Whatever you build, take photos and put it up across the Minecraft sites, you might inspire new and interesting changes to the VonDoom texture packs of the future.
Minecraft Mods, A Different Way to Enjoy Minecraft Games
Minecraft mods are modifications or changes made to the Minecraft games that changes the content from what it originally was. There are different ways in which people add mods to the Minecraft games. Some of the mods are in depth and add content to the game that can change the creative feel of the game or add more options for the player as to how to interact with the minecraft games. Some of the mods are bigger expansions adding significant expansions to the games while others may bring in features and experiences from other games.
How to Install Minecraft Mods
Installing Minecraft mods is not difficult if you follow certain steps.
• First you need to download the mod. It is better to download the mod in a new window.
• Next you need to install the mod.
• Locate your Minecraft file. In Windows 7 & 8 you will find it in C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\minecraft. For Mac users go to Library then go to Application support and then Minecraft.
• Now go to the bin folder in Minecraft and open minecraft.jar with a program like Winrar that opens zipped files.
• Some mods may require other mods or programs to work. Download any or all of these mods and open them with the program that opens zipped files.
• Copy all the files from your zip program into minecraft.jar.
• Next delete the Meta-Inf folder in minecraft.jar since this folder prevents you from installing the mods.
Now you are ready to play minecraft and enjoy the mods.
If you have problems check the mod page for any incompatible mods and the instructions to fix them. Follow those instructions while re installing the mods.
Top Minecraft Mods
Though Minecraft by itself is fun and enjoyable to play, it can get stale and plain at times. There are many mods out there that improve the game and make them more enjoyable and easier to play while there are others that add a lot of content to the game. It depends from person to person as to which mod they would enjoy better than the others. Here are a few suggestions of the mods we think are the top minecraft mods of all time.
1. Single Player commands mod. This is one mod that adds on to the experience of the player while keeping the minecraft game the same. It makes the game more interesting by adding to the core of the game without changing the basic of the game. It has intelligent seamless additions to the game with a friendly user interface. One of the most popular downloaded mod for minecraft.
2. Better than wolves mod. This mod lets the players build more complex designs by adding many things to minecraft, right from gears to windmills. With this mod you can build epics with innovative technology. You need to try out this mod in order to experience it since words cannot fully justify the experience.
3. Mo’Creatures Mod. This mod adds many different creatures to minecraft, this gives the game a new life while making it more enjoyable. There are many features in this mod that lets you different things with the animals like collecting rare species of animals or breeding them. This mod has everything from polar bears to mice and every animal has unique features that makes them come alive. The animation of all creatures is very realistic adding to the experience.
4. Too Many items mod and Not enough Items mod. Both of these mods are similar in many respects. They both allow you to fabricate items in minecraft and enhance the experience of minecraft by making the items accessible to you and allowing you to save your game while you do other things in the game. The difference is that Too many items mod is much more simple and you can enjoy minecraft without complexities.
5. Clay soldiers mod. This mod consists of having little soldiers fighting each other and the best part is that you can change them into things like horse riding soldiers or to soldiers with bombs. This mod allows you to customize your soldiers and the arena while watching them fight each other.
There are too many other minecraft mods that we would like to list here, but again it is what you want out of the game. You can always find a mod that you may like better than others to make your experience of minecraft enjoyable.